Time: 6:50pm to 9:00pm
Place: Unitarian Universalist Congregation 547 Mendocino Ave. Santa Rosa, CA.
Bring: Your own cushion and mat or meditation bench. Chairs provided.
Suggested Donation: $10.
If you are new to CityZen: Please arrive 15 minutes ahead of the 7:00pm opening bell to receive orientation on zendo protocols.
For questions or to receive more information about CityZen: Please contact our Head of Practice, Michelle Brandt, at email@example.com
UPCOMING PROGRAM AND SPEAKERS
Oct 14 Rachel Mansfield-Howlett, Roshi
Oct 21 Michelle Brandt, Head of Practice
Oct 28 SAVE A GHOST – REMEMBERING THE ANCESTORS Rachel Mansfield-Howlett, Roshi (Hot cider and pumpkin pie will be served)
Nov 4 Rachel Mansfield-Howlett, Roshi
Nov 8-13 AUTUMN SESSHIN at St. Dorothy's Rest, Camp Meeker, CA.
- Seats for the EVENING SITTING AND FIRESIDE DHARMA TALK with Rachel Mansfield-Howlett, Roshi Sat. through Tues. are available. (6:50 to 7:20pm meditation and arrival; 7:30-8:30pm Dharma talk.) Cost: dana donation for teacher is appreciated; no reservation needed.
- Seats for the MORNING SITTING AND DHARMA TALK on Monday (Megan Rundel) and Tuesday (Michelle Brandt) are available. (8:50am meditation, sutra service, and arrival; 10:00 to 11:00am dharma talk) Cost: dana donation for speaker is appreciated; no reservation needed.
- JAPANESE BRUSH CALLIGRAPHY SESSIONS with Brian Howlett, sensei on Monday and Tuesday afternoons. (1:50 to 2:20pm meditation and arrival; 2:30 to 3:30pm calligraphy) Cost: $50. Pre-registration required.
- REFUGE CEREMONY (Sunday afternoon, 1:50 to 2:30pm meditation and arrival; Refuge Ceremony 2:30 to 3:30pm; Refuge Reception 3:30 to 4:30pm. Cost: no charge, reservation required.
- FULL TIME RESIDENTIAL retreat spaces are full.
- For reservations, please CONTACT: Gary Brandt at firstname.lastname@example.org
Nov 25 CORE ZEN – Deanna Hopper, Dharma Hall Practice Member
Dec 2 Michelle Brandt, Head of Practice
Dec 9 ON BUDDHA'S AWAKENING – STORY OF THE BUDDHA FROM BIRTH TO AWAKENING – Rachel Mansfield-Howlett Roshi (Lemon ginger cake and our house tea will be served.)
Dec 16 CORE ZEN – Rev. Christopher Bell, Chant Leader
Dec 23 CLOSED
Dec 30 108 BELLS – Michelle Brandt, Head of Practice – We'll take turns ringing in 108 bells for the New Year (Sparkling cider and Italian wedding cookies will be served.)
Dec 31 AFTERNOON OPEN HOUSE and OPEN STUDIO at the home of Mansfield-Howlett in Santa Rosa 1:00pm to 5:00pm (RSVP email@example.com to receive directions.) Activities: make your own Winter Weathergram to take home. (pictured left)
Jan 6 CORE ZEN Deanna Hopper, Dharma Hall Practice Member
Jan 13 Rachel Mansfield-Howlett, Roshi
Jan 20 Michelle Brandt, Head of Practice
Jan 27 Rachel Mansfield-Howlett, Roshi